Thursday, January 17, 2013

The wait is nearly over...

100 days to go. After that time lapse, all being well, I will be on my way to the most anticipated event of my life. Nothing else has come close, I spent part of my birthday in the world's 2nd greatest city dreaming of the day when I'll step through the Sun gate at the entrance to Machu Picchu and catch a glimpse of Huayna Picchu, the majestic mountain overlooking the former Inca city. There is still so much to do, I need the various jabs to help get me there and back safely, I need to put on some serious muscle, get super fit, make sure everything is paid for including money to take out there, spend a week in a sauna to get over my hatred of hot weather, get in touch with my fellow travellers and fund raisers, start learning some Spanish and basically take in the scale of where I'll be going and what I'll be doing. This has been years in the making, the moment I saw the first picture of that mountain I knew I had to go there. 100 days to go...

On an equally epic note, my joint favourite cousin and his wife have given us a new member of the family. On the week snow fell in January, Danielle Snow made her own entrance into the world. Welcome to the family, all the best in your life.

Photo: and Sarah would like to announce the rather early arrival of their daughter Danielle June Snow born 16/1/13 both mum and baby are doing well

Rossifer x

0 comments: